Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Hopes for Working

A lot has happened in the past fews weeks in regards to my (Suzanne) prospects of working.  Basically, because I have a stamp on my passport that only allows me a visitors status, I have been ineligible to work.  Upon discovering this I was very discouraged.  Thankfully, I found out about a Working Holiday Authorization that I can apply for at Christmas time while I am at home in the States.  This authorization will give me permission to work for a 12 month period of time.  Finding this option was an incredible blessing!  At a time when I was getting very discouraged, this was incredible news.  Ross and I will be flying home December 16 to go directly to the San Francisco Irish Consulate.  Please join us in praying that the authorization will take less than four weeks to process.  Also, pray that between now and when we leave for Christmas that I will be able to connect to a school to work at upon my return.  We are so excited to be coming home for Christmas especially with the ability to come back to Ireland mid-January with permission to work!  The Lord is good!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Wow, that is great news! We will be praying about this. I'm amazed you're already able to come home, I was thinking you'd not be able to come home much at all, let alone after just a few months, WHAT A BLESSING! :)

Sean and Brianne said...

praise the LORD!!! praying big time for you!!!